PROMYS is a program for pre-college students who will be at least 15 years old by the first day of the program. Students from throughout the United States participate as well as many international students.
Admissions decisions will be based on the following criteria: applicants' solutions to a set of challenging problems, teacher recommendations, high school transcripts, and students' answers to short essays explaining their interest in the program.
If you have any questions or encounter persistent difficulties uploading your problem set solutions, transcript, or supporting financial documents, please contact us at email@example.com.
Admissions decisions will be sent by email by the first week in May.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT
1) Problem Set Solutions. The application problems can be downloaded HERE. Please upload your solutions (as a single PDF) with your online application. (If you are handwriting your solutions, please use dark ink and wide margins so a scan of your work will be legible.)
2) School Transcript (or report card). This can be an unofficial copy provided to you by your school. Please upload your transcript with your online application.
3) Online Application HERE. You will be asked to upload your problem set solutions and school transcript with your application.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT’S TEACHER. Please note: it is the applicant's responsibility to ask one of his or her mathematics teachers to complete this form.
4) Online Teacher Recommendation Form HERE. Please ask one of your mathematics teachers to complete the form.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT’S PARENT OR GUARDIAN
5) Online Financial Aid Form. To be considered for financial aid, please have a parent or guardian complete the financial aid form HERE. The form will ask for the upload of supporting financial documents.
Students from India are invited to apply for a Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship if they would be unable to afford to attend PROMYS without financial assistance. Mehta Fellowships provide a full scholarship to PROMYS including round-trip airfare from India, tuition, room and board, and books.
Please click HERE to access the Mehta Fellowship application for students in India.
European students who are 16 or older are also eligible to apply separately to PROMYS Europe at the University of Oxford in England. PROMYS Europe is a partnership of PROMYS; the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford; the Clay Mathematics Institute (CMI); and Wadham College, University of Oxford.
Please click HERE to visit the PROMYS Europe site.
PROMYS does not discriminate on the grounds of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin in the operation of its program or in its admissions, hiring, or financial aid decisions.